Harvard teaches us that hedge fund managers get rich even when they mess up - from Dean Baker While we all know that it is important for people to get a good education if they want to do well in today’s economy, it remains the case t...
Thursday, 29 April 2010
the European Social Simulation Association (ESSA) has agreed to give the SCIVE'2010 workshop €1000 under some reasonable conditions. Along with the AssystICT funding this should mean we are able to provide some support to those young/underrepresented researchers with some of their costs.
Tuesday, 6 April 2010
Can be found at: http://www.casas.org.uk/papers/hawala.html
Friday, 2 April 2010
...which seems to cover a lot of what we call "Informal Exchange".
- The Emergence of Generalized Exchange by Indirect Reciprocity, Anders Biel, Daniel Eek, Tommy Gärling and Mathias Gustafsson -- http://www.springerlink.com/content/qp585m5tu4404761/
- Multiplexity, generalized exchange and cooperation in organizations: a case study, Emmanuel Lazegaa and Philippa E. Pattison -- http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-8733(99)00002-7
- Generalized Exchange and Social Dilemmas, Toshio Yamagishi and Karen S. Cook -- http://www.jstor.org/pss/2786661
- Towards a Theory of Large-Scale Generalized Exchange, Levine, Sheen. and Shah, Sonali -- http://www.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/0/7/6/7/pages107678/p107678-1.php
- Generalized Exchange, Social Identity, and Non-Anonymity, Triplett, Jennifer. and Thye, Shane -- http://www.allacademic.com//meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/8/3/0/5/pages183055/p183055-1.php
- Mechanisms of Generalized Exchange, Baker, Wayne E. and Levine, Sheen S -- http://ssrn.com/abstract=1352101
- Generalized Exchange, Peter Bearman -- http://www.jstor.org/stable/2782312
- The emergence of generalized exchange, Nobuyuki Takahashi -- http://www.jstor.org/stable/3003889
- Expectations of a generalized exchange system and ingroup favoritism: an experimental study of bounded reciprocity, Kiyonari T -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12101584
- Spontaneous formation of generalized exchange system: An experimental study of discriminating altruism, Nobuyuki Takahashi, http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/199917/000019991799A0512436.php
- Building Solidarity through Generalized Exchange: A Theory of Reciprocity, Linda D. Molm, Jessica L. Collett, David R. Schaefer -- http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/abs/10.1086/517900